McKesson Gelling Fiber Dressing
Absorbent Non-Woven Fiber Sheet
Sterile dressing comprising of an absorbent non-woven fiber sheet composed of carboxymethylcellulose (CMC) and a high G (guluronic acid) calcium alginate. Manages exudate in moderately to heavily exuding wounds and creates a favorable environment for effective wound management.
Soft and conformable, highly absorbent, and high gelling. A reinforcement layer allows intact application and removal of the dressing with low risk of maceration.
Can be used in the management of moderate to heavily exuding chronic and acute wounds, including decubitus ulcer (pressure ulcers), venous and arterial leg ulcers, diabetic ulcers, graft and donor sites, post-operative surgical wounds, superficial and partial thickness burns, and cavity wounds. Recommended to use this product under the care and instructions of a health professional.
Do Not Use:
Patients with a known sensitivity to the dressing or its components: alginates, carboxymethylcellulose (CMC), or nylon.
Can remain in situ for up to seven days, dependent on your condition and the level of exudate. Reapply the dressing when the secondary dressing has reached its absorbent capacity or whenever good wound care practice dictates the dressing should be changed. Recommend to follow the change frequency instructions given by your healthcare professional.
Recommended Secondary Dressings:
Cover and secure the dressing with an appropriate secondary dressing such as foam or barrier island dressing. Can be used under compression dressing. Ask your healthcare professional which secondary dressing they recommend you use.
- Indicated for moderately to heavily exuding chronic and acute wounds, infected or at risk of infection, and can act as a hemostat to control minor bleeding in superficial wounds.
- May be used during the healing process on decubitus ulcers (pressure ulcers), venous and arterial leg ulcers, diabetic ulcers, graft and donor sites, post-operative surgical wounds, superficial and partial thickness burns, and cavity wounds.
- Sterile, non-woven material composed of carboxymethylcellulose (CMC) and a high G (guluronic acid) calcium alginate.
- Highly absorbent to manage moderate- to high-exuding wounds and create a favorable environment for effective wound management.
- High gelling action promotes fast healing through a moist wound environment.
- Soft, conformable, non-woven sheet transforms into clear, soft, cohesive gel when in contact with wound exudate to maintain a moist wound environment, which assists in the wound healing process and aids autolytic debridement.
- Excellent wet and dry strength
- Unique quilting pattern aids with absorbency, tensile performance, intimate wound bed contact
- CMC-based material features quilting pattern design enhanced with hidden reinforcement layer for improved wet integrity and superior tensile performance allowing the clinician the confidence that the dressing remain intact when removed during dressing change.
- Low lateral wicking performance minimizes risk of excoriation and maceration of wound and peri-wound skin.
- Innovative combination of two proven wound care technologies based on CMC and alginate fibers.
- Uniquely design developed to provide all the benefits of an alginate dressing whilst also offering a high wet strength and clear gelling properties, to ensure a maintained moist wound environment.
- Calcium ions present within the alginate fibers of the dressing exchange with sodium ions found in the wound exudate.
- Donation of calcium benefits the wound by stimulating cytokines essential to the wound healing process.
- Vertically absorbs exudate into the dressing reducing the risk of maceration and damage to the peri wound skin.
- Square sheet design measures 2 x 2 inches (5.1 cm x 5.1 cm) & 6 x 6 inches (15.2 cm x 15.2 cm). Rectangle sheet design measures 4 x 4-3/4 inches (10.2 cm x 12.1 cm).
- Individually packaged for single sterile use
- Not Made with Natural Rubber Latex
- Packaged: 5 Each or 10 Each Per Box (2 X 2 & 4 X 4-3/4 inch, 6 X 6 Inch)
|87200, 87400, 87600
|Country of Origin
|Absorbent Gelling Fiber Dressing
|2 X 2, 4 X 4 & 6 X 6 Inch
|Carboxymethyl Cellulose (CMC)
|Latex Free Indicator
|Not Made with Natural Rubber Latex