McKesson MEDIHONEY® Honeycolloid™ Dressing
Absorbent wound dressings made of Active Leptospermum Honey in combination with a hydrocolloidal gelling agent.
The adhesive version is occlusive like a traditional hydrocolloid, this non-adhesive version is not occlusive and requires a secondary dressing to hold in place.
The Honeycolloid™ pad will form a gel as it warms up with body temperature and as it encounters wound fluid.
For lightly to moderately exuding wounds such as: diabetic foot ulcers, leg ulcers (venous stasis ulcers, arterial ulcers, and leg ulcers of mixed etiology), pressure injuries (partial and full thickness), first and second-degree partial thickness burns, donor sites, traumatic and surgical wounds. Recommend to use this product under the care of a healthcare professional.
Change frequency will depend on the level of wound exudate. It can be left in place under compression and off-loading devices. Reapply when dressing has reached its absorbent capacity or as directed by a wound care professional.
Cover with an appropriate secondary dressing (such as foam, thin film, island, or conforming gauze bandage). Ask your healthcare professional which dressing they recommend you use.
- MEDIHONEY® is a medical-grade honey derived from the pollen and nectar of the Leptospermum species of plant in New Zealand and Australia. It is unique among all type of honey in that it maintains its effectiveness even in the presence of wound fluid.
- Can be used for wound bed preparation and through all phases of wound healing.
- Demonstrated efficacy from onset of a wound through to closure.
- Cleanses and debrides due to its high osmolarity.
- Helps to lower the wound pH, for an optimal wound healing environment.
- Indications: to cover and/or fill partial-to-full thickness wound with light-to-moderate drainage.
- Single use only
- Not made with natural rubber latex.
- Packaged: 10 Sheets Per Box
- MEDIHONEY is a registered trademark of Medihoney Pty Ltd. and used with permission by Derma Sciences, Inc.
- Honeycolloid is a trademark of Derma Sciences, Inc.
- For more information on MEDIHONEY® please visit www.dermasciences.com/elearning-portal/webinar-series.
|31222 & 31245
|2 X 2 Inch & 4 X 5 Inch
|Square & Rectangle
|Latex Free Indicator
|Not Made with Natural Rubber Latex